Watch the video
Vail Williams was appointed to provide integrated real estate portfolio management expertise to the University of Southampton Science Park (USSP).
How we helped
We ensure excellent customer service in the following areas:
- Rent collection anad management of service charge and sinking fund accounts.
- Facilities management – real estate portfolio management, coordination of external contractors, producing and controlling strategic maintenance plans and full project management on larger projects.
- Agency aspects – using our property market knowledge to work alongside Peter Birkett and his team to secure tenants. We advise on who to target, strategic routes to market and tactical marketing activities.
- Commercial property valuation services – our property valuation consultancy team carries out formal valuations of the park’s facilities and lettable space, including negotiations on valuations of land deals with 3rd parties.
- Ad hoc building surveying services such as advising on dilapidations and providing CAD drawing facilities as required.
- Business rates advice – Expert advice to reduce business rates and deal with the VOA to challenge inaccurate business rates demands.
We implement key working methods to ensure the highest standards of Customer Service.
- Partner level property asset management specialist as the lead Account Manager and main point of contact. Alexandra Finlayson has been in this post since 2002, providing high levels of continuity.
- Embedding a full time facilities management (FM) team into the Park’s management structure. This team is headed by a highly experienced and qualified FM expert employed by Vail Williams, but based in the offices at the park. This team has strong ties and easy access back to the multi-disciplinary property experience back at Vail Williams’ regional office in Southampton and head office near Reading.
Full monthly review meeting (co-ordinated by lead Vail Williams Account Manager)
Offering USSP priority access to experts in other Vail Williams commercial property consultancy areas. These experts will normally be based in the Solent area but experts from other Vail Williams offices in the South of England can also be consulted as required.
We continue to enjoy an excellent relationship with USSP and feel we have been instrumental in the Park’s success – right up to the current development project to extend the facilities with a new-build on the Benham Campus.
The accompanying video shows USSP CEO, Peter Birkett, talking about our client service and how we have helped him and his team to achieve their aims.
Get in touch
If you think you may need similar support to that described here, or you would simply want to have an informal chat with a member of our team to discuss your property needs, get in touch.