Vail Williams acted for Cobra Coffee (t/a Starbucks), a subsidiary of longstanding client Southern Co-op, to secure the freehold acquisition of a unique roadside retail premises near Lewes, East Sussex.
The 8,150 sq ft building with a substantial car park for 55 vehicles sits on a site of more than an acre on the busy A27 Old Brighton Road with up to 31,000 vehicles passing daily, representing a significant opportunity for our client.
How we helped
- Two miles from Lewes, the highly visible building is also just 1.75 miles from Brighton & Hove Albion FC’s Amex Stadium in Falmer
- Such freehold roadside premises are rare in Coastal Sussex, with only a handful of transactions taking place in the last decade
- There was a high degree of interest, creating a competitive environment in which to pitch and successfully secure the purchase
- We capitalised on our intimate market knowledge and extensive contact base to secure the acquisition from Hatley Estates Ltd.
“We are grateful for Vail Williams’ assistance in securing this location for our business. This is a perfect location which is sure to trade well. We are looking to give the property a new lease of life and make sure it remains part of the county’s valuable hospitality industry.”
Vicky Newman, Senior Portfolio Manager, Southern Co-op.
- Gatwick agency team negotiated the best possible terms for the client, to secure the acquisition
- The building adds to our client’s portfolio, and will become a drive-to outlet of coffee chain Starbucks
- It will be sensitively altered for launch in Spring 2023.