Vail Williams has worked with Joseph Chamberlain College, the only Ofsted Outstanding college in Birmingham and Solihull, for the past five years.
Throughout that time, we have provided comprehensive occupier advice to support the college in the expansion and management of its property estate.
From our initial appointment to provide feasibility advice in relation to the acquisition of a building to turn into a new academic building, to the acquisition and demolition of a former car auction site next to the College, we have gone on to advise on several aspects of the College’s property estate.
How we helped
- Provided feasibility report regarding the potential acquisition of a building next door, intended to be turned into an academic building.
- Following our advice, the acquisition was dropped as it was not deemed a viable acquisition for the College
- Found and bid on the acquisition of a former car auction site on Moseley Street, next to the College, having provided another in-depth feasibility report
- Secured the acquisition of the site and brought in planning expertise to secure the demolition of the building, working with Network Rail regarding safe demolition owing to a railway line at the rear
- Brought in building consultancy to put together a demolition programme, allowing the building to be demolished and turned into temporary carparking, whilst the College considers future use for the site
- Worked with the college on the building of a new facility on site, with advice on the construction of the building which will provide much needed additional teaching facilities
- Bid on the College’s behalf at auction to acquire another building at the entrance to the College’s development at 73 Sherbourne Road.
“Over the past five years Vail Williams has become a trusted property partner to the College, enabling us to deliver on our strategic property aims. Throughout this time, they have taken time to understand our objectives, and crucially, haven’t been afraid to challenge these and put forward alternative recommendations. As a result, we have been able to acquire additional assets which will allow us to deliver on the College’s future educational needs.”
Tony Day, Principle, Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College.
- Thanks to the overarching occupier advisory expertise provided, Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College has been able to expand and manage its property estate effectively
- The College now has a range of additional property assets amongst its portfolio, which will help the college to deliver on its students’ future educational needs.
Get in touch
If you think you may need similar support to that described here, or you would simply want to have an informal chat with a member of our team to discuss your property needs, get in touch.
Partner and LLP Member
Birmingham / Leeds