Vail Williams was appointed by England’s largest independent provider of non-emergency patient transport services, E-zec Medical Transport Services, to find and acquire a large industrial unit.
E-zec, backed by longstanding client of Vail Williams, investment firm Cairngorm Capital, required the new regional headquarters, after being awarded a £4.8 million NHS contract for Shropshire, Telford and Wrekin Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
With just eight weeks between contract award and it going live, our agency team acted quickly to source the new building and have it up and operational.
How we helped
- Undertook in-depth search of the industrial market in the Shrewsbury and Telford areas
- Sourced several sites for our client to evaluate
- Shortlisted prime site at Shrewsbury’s Battlefield Business Park
- Unit 13, Knights Way, comprised of over 20,621 sq ft of industrial space, with 0.32 hectares of land
- Boasted good space for parking and loading – ideal for our client’s ambulances as well as the call centre and admin offices
- Building consultancy team prepared a detailed schedule of condition
- We agreed with the landlord that the schedule could go in within a month of signing the lease, enabling our client to have this protection despite the timescales
- Negotiated 10-year lease, 5th year break, with private investment company freeholder at a quoting rent of £120,000 per annum
- Agreed with landlord that our client could move in on licence, to ensure they could be operational in time.
“I am immensely proud of what has been achieved to ensure that the contract for Shropshire and Powys launched successfully in eight weeks rather than the usual 26. We are indebted to Vail Williams in securing our new Shrewsbury base at very short notice and then acting on our behalf to tie up all the loose end to allow us crucial early access.”
Wayne Spedding, Operations Director, E-Zec Medical Transport Services.
- Sourced the right building, negotiated the best terms and got our client into occupation within just four weeks of instruction
- Excellent co-operation between all parties enabled a rapid response
- Secured early access to the building, ensuring it could be fitted with the technology and equipment required to run its operations, fleet and advice centre
- Whilst too large for their initial needs, the building allowed our client to consolidate some of their other operations into the high-quality facility
- The move created 20 new jobs, with a further 75 colleagues transferred across
- Supported our client in surrendering leases at two of their other buildings
- Further appointed to source additional properties in Powys, Market Drayton and Stoke to service the new contract area.
Get in touch
If you think you may need similar support to that described here, or you would simply want to have an informal chat with a member of our team to discuss your property needs, get in touch.
Partner and LLP Member
Birmingham / Leeds